On the fourth of July, 2007 Caleb Potter was involved in a skateboarding accident.
He suffered serious injuries and continues to need all of our positive thoughts and prayers.
This blog is to serve as a space for updates on Caleb's journey of recovery.

Saturday, July 7, 2007

UPDATE



Caleb is at Mass General Hospital.
He has serious head injuries but he is stable
and is showing signs of improvement.
He has been sedated so that he can heal calmly.
He reacted to his father's voice
and has been tugging at his breathing tube.
He is getting his first surgery on Wednesday.

We are holding prayer cirlces EVERYDAY at 11am and 9pm
on the Wellfleet Town Hall lawn.
We are asking people to especially come on Tuesday night at 9pm,
so we can give him all of our positive energy and thoughts
for his surgery on Wednesday.

He is improving because of everyone who is thinking about him
and praying for him.
Caleb is so loved and he will make it through this because of that.
Thank you to all of you for your love and support.

9 comments:

Robert Derow said...

Many thoughts and prayers go out!!

Love Natasha and Bobby

Anonymous said...

Sharyn & Jan,
I know all too well this situation and how you are feeling. You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. As we can see, there is no power greater than love. You have mine.
Martha Dilts

ladysusan said...

Is there an address we can send prayers and cards?
Ladysusan in Ohio

Stefanie said...

Hi Everyone,
I left Wellfleet this morning for Boston but I am here thinking about Caleb and all of you!! Stay strong and positive and please let me know if there is anything I can do from here! It was wonderful to see Sky early this morning in Eastham!
All the best,
Stefanie

Anonymous said...

Sharyn & Jan, you and Caleb are first in my thoughts each day, but I know there is nothing I can actually do... except maybe encourage people to liberally give to the Caleb Potter Benefit Fund at the CC5. Susie

ddpoodle said...

to jan and sharyn-
my thoughts are with you and caleb. i will make my way to a prayer circle as soon as i'm back in wellfleet.
all my love,
dana (ya know, from Painters!)

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you all and holding you in our hearts and in our prayers. Sending all positive thoughts and good energy your way so that Caleb's healing is steady and strong and so that your family stays strong through all of this.
Best always,
Suz and GB Brigham
Whit's Lane

Clance said...

I love this picture, captures his love on the water, and his mellow time smile..

Anonymous said...

WHEW!!
I read the blog every morning. Like a good book, I don't want to put it down. When the news is encouraging, I can go about my day as usual. I pace myself and only read in the morning and send my prayers to your "Pirate" all day. Yesterday, I confess, that I read ahead. I needed the reassurance from you that there was a thread of improvement. Judith was over yesterday and is a nervous wreck. Before this, I didn't think the boy had nerves. He wants the "old Caleb" back and on the flats YESTERDAY! My heart went out to him as I felt his pain. Then....reality struck! Not only are you watching for Caleb's next breath like a newborn just home from the hospital but you are having to hold up Kai and Max and the "Town" for that matter. What tremendous weight you are bearing. I wish I could do something to give you some relief. Today my prayers are for you and Caleb. When I grow up, I want to be just like you!!!!
Judith's Mom