On the fourth of July, 2007 Caleb Potter was involved in a skateboarding accident.
He suffered serious injuries and continues to need all of our positive thoughts and prayers.
This blog is to serve as a space for updates on Caleb's journey of recovery.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

UPDATE on my Caleb

-I want to first thank everyone for their prayers and thoughts because they are definitly working. I have very good news. Yesterday, Caleb was responding to commands from his family and physical therapists. He is squeezing your hand when asked, moving his tongue and coughing. Kai played a little game with him and was pressing his fingertips to Caleb's and Caleb was pushing back. He was also holding objects when asked and he would drop the object when asked. This is amazing progress. Caleb is also pushing his legs against the end of his bed, and I think he wants to get the hell out of that thing and do his little jiggy his alsways does. Also, two days ago he was taken off the breathing machine and his eyes were fluttering.
-He is in surgery right now for reconstruction from the nose down and he will be in surgery for 10 to 14 hours....so let's all pray extra hard for him today.
-Last night at the prayer circle there were 250 people. It was so amazing, we are taking over the town lawn. The Fire and Rescue Squad also came and showed their support and we all thank them and Shaye, for saving Caleb's life. We love you guys.
-This community and people all around the world are being so supportive and loving and I just wanted to thank everyone again and I love you all.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news. Thanks to everyone posting updates for all of us not on the Cape.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update. I've been thinking about Caleb all day and sending him my energy.

Lori Clancy said...

All I can say is amazing!!!!!! I can't find the words to tell you how happy I am for you all!!! Caleb keep up the good work! xoLori

Anonymous said...

Aunt Sharyn,
Even though we are hundreds of miles away-the Lindsay family is thinking of you and all are sending lots of hugs and good thoughts your way! Mom said she talked w/ you today and had such positive good news! Sending you lots of "Buckeye love"!

Little Sharon

Anonymous said...

Each day the positive energy is filling the town and sending it all to Caleb and his very capable surgeons. Keep sending the amazing results of Caleb's recovery.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the updates, I greatly appreciate them since I can not be in the wonderful town of Wellfleet right now. I have been sending Caleb positive energy and have had candles burning all day for him. Keep the energy flowing!

Anonymous said...

Living and working "in town" for 30+ years I always feel I know the "pulse of the community." This "pulse" for Caleb is like nothing I have ever seen anywhere! Great news on his progress!

Kevin Scalley

Anonymous said...

Kai and Caleb touching fingertips.
I'll carry that sweet miracle in my heart all day.

Sue said...

Any news on how his surgery went yesterday?
My children 9 and 12 dont know caleb, but the remember seeing him around town all the time they are keeping him in their thoughts everyday...

Peter Field said...

That is good news Jenny, Caleb is strong willed with great family support, that will help him along. Hope to see you soon at "The Fairway"

Anonymous said...

From our hearts to yours, we are all praying for a speedy recovery. Your positive energy is what will get you through this time.

---Sending you positive thoughts, prayers and vibrations!!!!

-MacKenzies in AZ

Anonymous said...

So good to hear that things are progressing. I thank Jenny and Sky and all for posting here for those of us so far from Fleet. Corey B, thanks for the phone calls. Bill is in my thoughts daily and Loren and I miss you all. All our love.

afawkes said...

Excellent, excellent news!

Thank you Jenny for keeping everyone updated. I think about Caleb and his family all through the day, sending healing energy and thoughts.

Joe Ambrosino said...

May the long time sun shine on you,
All love surround you,
And the pure light within lead you on your way.