On the fourth of July, 2007 Caleb Potter was involved in a skateboarding accident.
He suffered serious injuries and continues to need all of our positive thoughts and prayers.
This blog is to serve as a space for updates on Caleb's journey of recovery.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Surgery Update

Hi from Mumsie in Boston to all my extended big ,fluffy warm family members - keep that energy comin- we can feel it. Caleb is resting in his bed looking forward to the day he can sneak up from behind all of you in the prayer circle and scare the crap out of you! Just his style! His surgery was clean and complete on his lower jaw - thank the heavens above that we are in this century- the things they do - his jaw was fixed totally from the inside out- no scars( I bet he won't like that) and he is heavily sedated now and resting for the time being. We are in hopes of getting Jenny up here tomorrow and Blakely soon after to improve his spirits. Caleb is constantly trying to pull out his I V's and was successful once - he is irritated which is a good sign..I am hangin in just fine and it is wonderful just to sit quietly and hold his hand with him squeezing back now and then. I know all of you would like to see him and in due time I will make certain that you can but for now I appreciate that you are channeling your mojo from Wellfleet and that you are being so respectful of his healing process. He is in very good hands here - 2 of his nurses have 3 boys and I am constantly on the lookout for a good looking doctor to be his step-father. All is well. Love to you all - I'll see you in Fleet with that pirate by my side! Love, S

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news!

Anonymous said...

Great to hear that he is healing. We are thinking of you often and praying for his speedy recovery.Can't wait to see the both of back in the FLEET!
Love, The Nordahl's