On the fourth of July, 2007 Caleb Potter was involved in a skateboarding accident.
He suffered serious injuries and continues to need all of our positive thoughts and prayers.
This blog is to serve as a space for updates on Caleb's journey of recovery.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Sunday at mums

Hello out there- I'm sorry I didn't update you yesterday - my beloved sons, Kai and Max came up to spend the night and we had a real dinner out with a glass of wine - so delightful and so like our past life. It was wonderful to just sit and talk like normal people( OK - I know what you are going to say). Cedar came by yesterday - got a pat, pat on the head and a kiss on the cheek, and went home happier than he arrived. Today that fabulous trio - Shaye, The Judii and Ethan came up with Max and Kai and I have to say that I have never seen the nursing staff pay so much attention before to room 802 - ouu lala! Caleb is now exhausted and sound asleep. He had quite the outing; we buckled him in his chair and took him outside for the 1st time, followed the Charles for a bit and watched a few geese who were curious about us till they discovered we had no food. He drew what we think is a treasure map for Ethan or it could be directions for his shellfish grant, but non the less - he is drawing and writing a bit! Caleb seems to be better everyday that I wake. There were no limitations on my fears when he was little and I was a new mom - the scrapes on the knees, a slip in the tub,later a smile from a dangerous man or the alluring lure of a young lady. Now I know that there are not enough hours in a day to cover fears and when something like this happens it is only the spirit which determines if you will crumble into a puddle of tears or lift your face to take the punch. Caleb has given me the strength and courage to take the punches. I send my prayer out with the morning sun - I set my intentions for him and then I wait. Love to you all, Mum

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing "mumsie", and I commend you! All the love and
attention you and your family are receiving at this difficult time are well deserved. You are well loved by me and dozens of others!!
Prayers are constantly being prayed for all of you for emotional strength and support thoughout the coming days and months. Love to you all, Cathy Kautz

Anonymous said...

Hello Miss Lindsay,
Heard that you had a very eventful day. Chris told me that Caleb tried to chase a goose..haha!!! That sounds like the Lad. I'm SO happy that he is progressing so well. Love to you all in Boston. See you soon.
~Love Nicole M.

Anonymous said...

Sharyn,
Marvelous Mumsie, I was happy to read about the dinner out and the outing on the Charles!!!!!!! Prayers are being answered daily with each of your reports. Love, Margie

Anonymous said...

Thoughts and prayers are with you all. Glad you got to have some "down time" much needed I'm sure. Stay strong, it will all be fine.

Anonymous said...

Sharyn,

We are all thrilled with Caleb's progress. Thank you for sharing him and your humor with all of us. The visit to Boston to see Caleb was a much needed relief for our own son. His worries have been heavy and we are not sure if the visit did him or Caleb the most good. Reading your updates everyday gives us comfort in knowing that you are there with Caleb. That's what a good Mumsie does. Love, Prayers and Support from, The "Judith's" Mumsie

Anonymous said...

Good morning sharyn. I ran into Amy St.j this am getting coffee and her smile was beaming. She passed on the good report of the weekend and passed the smile to my face. That smile will be with me throughout my day knowing that your hearts will be a little lighter. When a loved one is hurting there is no greater pain, but I would expect nothing less of my brave friend than lifting her chin.
The Wellfest was so wonderful.The crowd was local, the unity was palpable, the music got everybody rockin.
Dear Caleb, Love you, xo Rushbymom

Anonymous said...

I look forward to each day of updates,comments and the support of people near and far. I too find myself in tears reading what has been written by Mumsie and friends. Keep up the good work Caleb!!! Love to all. Aunt Judy

Anonymous said...

dear mumsie and men,
every morning i go to my garden and replenish it with water and hold onto the warmth of the sun. i make wishes for what will become of my three daughters, my mister and myself. i have included you and your misters into my garden of wishes.
i hold in my heart that life is in balance if you can laugh as much as you cry. i know the power of
your laughter.
in elementary school i won an honorable mention for a picture of me and my guardian angel. you can all depend on your guardian angels,
this garden of updates and love and the rose of sharyn to comfort
your fears.
so much love kolleen

Anonymous said...

Keep up your courage Sharyn. It is early days yet for Caleb and he is dealing with recovery from surgeries too. He has youth on his side and this is a good thing for these sorts of injuries. The first 6 months generally brings the most rapid healing but he can continue to improve for 18 months. After that is will be slower but it can still happen.
Suz

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Caleb is doing so well. It was so good to see all of you at max's 21st. Love from Holland! i'll come over again real soon, miss you guys.
Keep it up!
Amir

Anonymous said...

When I got the news down here in NYC I couldn't have been more shocked or saddened. It's been so long since Kim and I spent time out there, but we will forever hold Wellfleet close to our hearts.

Caleb is such an amazing person, I am overjoyed but not surprised that he is doing so well. The way everyone there has joined together is inspirational.

Caleb, we are with you always.

Love,
Alex xxx