On the fourth of July, 2007 Caleb Potter was involved in a skateboarding accident.
He suffered serious injuries and continues to need all of our positive thoughts and prayers.
This blog is to serve as a space for updates on Caleb's journey of recovery.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

mumsie again -

So for any of you how might worry still - I have great news - Caleb continues to communicate with me through a series of hand squeezes that we have worked out to mean yes- no - question/ answer so that I can help him to relax while he is not able to speak -- this must be very difficult for a kid who is ordinarily not quiet for one minute of the day. Today he is still and tells me he is in pain - he has not been heavily medicated in the past few days, so that even tho I don't like what he has to experience, I know that the bodies shock is waring off and he is coming back into reality. He has a great nurse who bonded with him and who pulled strings to get him into a private room - she and I hit it off as well - so she hangs out ( hides as she says) in his room - so he is now under surveillance more often than not. He has a Reiki master who just happened to be in Mass General who is healing his eye. Is it not amazing how powerful your prayers are? I have felt gifts every minute of the day - miracles all around me as I go through this with Caleb. I feel so confident that I have scheduled a manicure for 11: 00 am this morn and am happy to have pretty hands to rub his head with. He is fine, fine, fine. Now all of you have to do something for me this week - Caleb would not like to have an unhappy air about town so whoop it up this week - go extra crazy over this - do something out of the ordinary - stretch your limits! Give the cops something to worry about! This is how Caleb lives everyday - so smile - smile- smile! Doctors tell me that when his temperature goes down consistently to 98.6 they will be transferring him to Spalding Re-hab and the nurses tell me that this is when things happen fast!!! I am well and am happy to know how well Caleb is loved and cared for by all of you -- hugs and mucho kisses from mum.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great news!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey everyone! just want to express my deep gratitude to sky, jennie, sharon and anyone else who's been involved with the blogspot. For someone like me who can only send all my love from afar right now, i'm so grateful for your posts that keep me abreast of caleb's remarkable recovery, although i'm not the least bit surprised :) HIS INDOMITABLE SPIRIT WILL CONQUER~!!
and the way the Outer Cape cummunity has rallied...UNREAL. So again THANK YOU!! Sharon especially, thank you for your diligence with the blogs, i'm sure you're exhausted but it's the best way i can continue to know how to pray....thank you so much.
all my love- Dave Marshall

Sue said...

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am glad that you mum, got out for a little relaxing time -I am sure you needed it!

jess said...

Sharyn-
Thanks for sharing Caleb's amazing progress with us!!! It's comforting to have someone like you-so strong and positive-keeping us posted. It's good to hear that you are in such high spirits and Caleb is doing so well!!! We will definitely celebrate the good news throughout Wellfleet! Give Caleb a few kisses from us-(and a whack with a wiffle ball bat from D) :)
Much love! Jess & Justin

Simone said...

Sharyn
The lillies are aflame with joy, reflecting all the love and attention you and your team have showered on our gardens. They are like "fireworks" as someone said. They are shooting energy skyward for Caleb, you and all the family!
Love, Simone and Gracie

Settie said...

Sharon and fabulous family,
I think of you all and Caleb at least 50 times a day. It's uplifting to think of your spirit and Caleb's laugh. You've got a pretty good cackle too!!! The prayer circles help me to feel connected to this healing process and I love to hear updates from Jennie and Kia. I sing when it feels right and I can't wait to have you all back together in the FINAL circle with Caleb there smiling and strong and making fun of me singing some weird sanskrit shit.

love to you.
Settie

Jen Johnson said...

hello sharyn! and sky and everyone up in wellfleet! thank you a thousand-fold for sharing updates with all of us who cannot be on the cape right now. caleb is in my thoughts and prayers everyday! and i have no doubt that he'll pull through in true yellowbeard style!!! in all my yoga classes we're chanting sacred healing mantras and sending you all our love. caleb's strength and perseverance are inspirational. and i know he learned that from you, sharyn! i miss you more than ever, and you're in my heart as always.
love and light and peaceful, healing blessings~ jen

Anonymous said...

Sharyn,
I just wanted to say that we are all thinking of Caleb here in Ohio. Everyone here- aunts, uncles, cousins- has both Caleb and yourself in their prayers. We look forward to hearing more and more encouraging words. Thank you for keeping us updated, even as it must be so difficult to try and manage everything. Please know we are all praying for continued progress.

-David

Julie Monger said...

Hello Sharyn, I don't know that you know who I am, but I am Julie (Thureson) Monger, my Mom is Judy Thureson (from the Wellfleet P.O.) and I use to see you at the gym in Easthem (spinning class). I just wanted to share with you and give you some inspiration (although it sounds like your son is making wonderful progress). My Son, Joshua, spent 3 months at Childrens Hospital after a very serious illness last Winter. They gave us very grim news in the beginning, but through prayer, love, will, strength and stubborness and of course his wonderful doctors and nurses, Joshua is completely back to himself and doing wonderfully. I pray for Caleb every day. He sounds like he is a very strong boy! I remember hearing how very small "baby steps" every day were amazing, and wait until you get to Spaulding Rehab., where Joshua was for 5 weeks. I cannot tell you how absolutely wonderful it is there. Things surely do happen fast. You will see leaps and bounds every day and before you know it, you will all be back home together!! Continue to stay strong, as it soulds like you are and please, if there is ever anything that our family can do for yours, as everyone did for us in our time of need, we would be more than happy to help.
Julie Monger and Family