On the fourth of July, 2007 Caleb Potter was involved in a skateboarding accident.
He suffered serious injuries and continues to need all of our positive thoughts and prayers.
This blog is to serve as a space for updates on Caleb's journey of recovery.

Sunday, September 2, 2007

What an amazing day!!!







I have to say that today was one of the best days I have had in the past two months. Sharyn got Red Sox tickets for a Kai, Max, Lizzie, Jan, Timmy, Jim, Ian and I and we all met up in Boston and had an amazing day together. We were sitting in the outfield seats and had a very good view of the field. The weather was beautiful and we had the sun shining on our glowing faces for the whole day. The crowd was crazy and it was just an ocean of red sox hats and t-shirts. Watching 35,ooo people do the WAVE around the huge stadium was a site to see and we were all loving it. ...thank u so much for the tickets Sharyn!!!
After the game I was able to go see Caleb and I was so excited I can not really describe how I was feeling. It has been two weeks since I last saw him and it was our anniversay yesterday..yes, we celebrate our anniversary on the first of every month, for all those people who like to make fun of me for that and call me a dork. Why can't a couple at least take one night of the month to celebrate their love for each other?? When I walked into Caleb's room, he looked so much better then how I saw him last time. His face is filling out more and he was a lot more responsive to me. We played alittle game with each other, where we blow kisses to each other and catch the kiss and then blow it back. It was soo adorable. When he catches my kisses he like smashes them on his lips...We cant kiss on the lips yet because he is still sick, so I'm taking whatever I can get....haha...
And here is the best part of my visit and the funniest. Just so everyone knows, Caleb has not changed at all and you will know what I mean after you read this. I was leaning over Caleb's hospital bed and we were just looking into each others eyes, and I see his hand moving up toward my face, but no..he isnt reaching for my face, he is reaching for my boobs. Yes, caleb presided to grab both of my boobs and pull on the front of my shirt. I was like, "Caleb, your mother is in the room." But he didnt care at all. So everyone rest asure, Caleb is definitly in there and the same as we all remember him.haha.
...i love u baby!!!

18 comments:

Unknown said...

I came acroos this blog from a site i was researching on moving to Panama. I feel your pain and frustration in a real way. My son had a head injury 3 years ago when he was 14. It is a long and tedious road , but he is finally doing well. It can take its toll on the whole family unit.
Hang in there and Godspeed to Caleb.

Anonymous said...

You go baby.....that is what is called true love !!!! I have found it in my life, and it is wonderful, the power of love can get you thru anything. Keep celebrating those anniversaries...we have 26 years coming on Halloween, it is such a blessing. Glad you all had a great time at the game. MANY MORE GOOD TIMES TO COME. Lots of love, hugs and kisses from Pa. Stay strong and keep believing.

Anonymous said...

NICE JENNY!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Fenway is so much fun! So glad to hear about Caleb. Nice to know his "male instincts" are fully working!!

;-))
Kevin

Anonymous said...

Jennie - an awesome blog today. The Red Sox game pictures are wonderful - a much needed respite for you all. And your description of Caleb still "being there" made me laugh. It's the best. Can't wait to meet you all back here in Wellfleet.
Claire

Anonymous said...

sounds like mumsie is slipping liquid green m & m's into the iv !!

Anonymous said...

does that sign say papi, pray for caleb?

Eric's mom said...

Greetings from Carol Handley - Eric Tyner's mom. I remember you all and hope that some of you remember my Eric. As most of you know, we lost Eric on Nov. 20,2001 - two of his sisters were vacationing on the Cape this past August with their families and saw the cans and posters for Caleb and called me right away to know if it was Eric's old friend from Wellfleet - I confirmed that it was and put him in my heart from that moment on.

When I was reading the blogs I came across the photo of the town hall in Wellfleet - and had to write and tell you of the importance of that.

Eric had all four of his wisdom teeth out when he was a senior in high school and was going under anesthesia for the first time - and he made me write down all the places he wanted his ashes scattered, should something go wrong - it didn't - then - but when it did, I still had the list.

On it were all his favorite places in the world - Nauset Beach, Skaket, Crystal Lake, Fort Hill, some special places in Manomet Point, where we had moved when we left the Cape and some special places here in the Hudson Valley, as well.

As it has been so very hard for us to be on the Cape, we finally got to Wellfleet in Oct., 2003 to scatter him one last time - for "by the bench, in Wellfleet, in front of the town hall" was on the list.

Eric always said "'Fleet" is a magical place - and his friends from there - Caleb, Cedar and all the others, were so important to him.

There was also a "paddle out" in late summer, 2002, organized by Tara O'Conner's mom, for his buds to scatter some of his ashes off the Outer Beach at Nauset.

So - I believe, in my heart of hearts, that Eric's spirit has been with you all at your prayer circles - and please know that positive, good thoughts have been winging their way to you from us here in the Hudson Valley.

Sky said...

Carol, thank you so much for your beautiful words...
With love,
Sky (Cedar's sister)

Anonymous said...

So glad to know that Caleb's brain is still connecting to his hands! That is wonderful news and an inspiration to take with me today. So glad the crew of you had a blast at the game. Its was a beautiful day in Wellfleet too, a nice ending to the summer madness (we hope). Extra love to Jennie because she's so hard to find these days. Maybe caleb was grabbin at cha for all us here that wish we could get a squeeze- well a hug anyways! Love to all who Caleb loves and who loves Caleb!
Sunshine & Blessings~xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Jen...

That is SO awesome, thanks so much for sharing that with us all.. I am really glad you had such a good day, and ended it with seeing your man. Your strength, patience and heart is very admirable, something we all can appreciate! He will be home soon to snuggle with you, and more hold tight.. we all pray for you as well. I love that you 2 celebrate that way, it's adorable, and shows that you really love one another..
Sending you much respect, love and hope..
XO Clance.

Anonymous said...

Also, to Eric's Mom..
Caleb loved Eric.. I have some pictures in my photo album of when Eric came to Wellfleet, Caleb & Cedar deep in conversation with him, he is loved each day by his friends.. thank you very much for sharing that with us.
~Clance (an old friend of Eric's)

Anonymous said...

Jennie
such good news, my heart jumped when you text me last night..Thank you for sharing, Its good to hear from you... I am glad Calebs finally going for the boobies! I was waiting for the pervert to come back out... And to Erics mom Carol,Thank you. Eric is in our hearts and minds, I think of him often. It feels good to know he is with us and watching over us.
Katy Weeks(an old friend of Erics)

Anonymous said...

You are awesome, Jennie, and perfect for yellowbeard- I love you, girl- you're beautiful.
xoxoxo India

Anonymous said...

I was on the Cape last week and saw all the donation cups for Caleb. It is wonderful how the community has gotten together for a person. It is a reason why I would love to live up there. I see the beauty in all of you, the hospitality you all give. I just hope that everyone learns from this terrible tradgedy not to ride behind a vehicle on a skateboard. It is so dangerous. Stay strong and keep spirits high. I will be there again next summer and I hope to see that you are all safe and sound.

Anonymous said...

Can we get more details on Caleb please?

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful red sox picnic
xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

LOVE IS THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT THING... and treasure every moment of it. I think that having an anniversary every month is really somthing special. Just taking a day to reflect on how much you truly love one another and charish eachother. Don't ever stop!!
xoxox
P-town Girl