On the fourth of July, 2007 Caleb Potter was involved in a skateboarding accident.
He suffered serious injuries and continues to need all of our positive thoughts and prayers.
This blog is to serve as a space for updates on Caleb's journey of recovery.

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

WALK, BIKE or RUN!



Hi everybody!
For those of you who have not yet heard, there will be a:
Walk, Bike or Run Benefit for Caleb THIS SUNDAY (August 12th).
Participants will meet at Mayo beach at 8 am and we'll get going at 8:30.
The route will be from Mayo Beach to the Chequessett Golf course and back again (a total of 5km or 3.2 miles).
The cost is $25 dollars to participate.
The first 100 or so participants get a fabulous (locally-designed) t-shirt!
It's going to be a great morning so we hope to see you all there.

PLEASE HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!

Registration form (CLICK TO ENLARGE)




Thank you to Ariana Kmiec, Becky at Wellfleet Recreation, the Letendres and everyone else involved in this wonderful effort. Yet another beautiful example of community support. Gotta love it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

After 7 years at the Norseman and Willy's I learn that her name is "Mumsie". She was too polite to correct me when I called her what I did. If I knew it was "Mumsie" I would not have told all those bad jokes.

Well whatever she has raised, nurtured, molded quite a tribe in Caleb, Kai, and Max.
Smart, they would not buy a shredder from me for $50.
Polite, they went out of their way to fight the crowd to say hello to Celeste & me at Winslow's.
Loyal, they follow Mom around the way some gentlemen would like to.
Motivating, I have lived in a lot of places but have never seen a community come together like this one. All ages, backgrounds, interests, religious beliefs or lack of, etc.

Strangers excuse themselves and ask about the family. I start my morning asking Denise if there is any news. I end my day asking Kevin the same question.

Chief Rosenthal estimates that during the summer an additional 20,000 people pass through Wellfleet each day. If only half of them can read, that is 70,000 additional people thinking positive thoughts or saying a prayer each week.

Stay as strong as you can and remember that thousands of people love you.
John

Anonymous said...

Is it still okay to send mail to Spaulding?

Anonymous said...

Wear your helmets!!!!!!