On the fourth of July, 2007 Caleb Potter was involved in a skateboarding accident.
He suffered serious injuries and continues to need all of our positive thoughts and prayers.
This blog is to serve as a space for updates on Caleb's journey of recovery.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Jennie Update!!!

Sorry it took so long for me to put up my blog for this week. I am having major problem with my internet provider, but i think I figured it out. I am still having problems uploading pictures, so when I figure it out, I will put them up. Promise!! So come back and check them out, because you will see Caleb walkingand going up and down the stairs with assitance. And of course fun pictures we took with his friends.

First off, I want to think everyone who helped out at the booth and everyone who donated things to it. Everything was a hit and and we sold out of almost everything. The weather was perfect and the people were wonderful and so happy to be able to help out a good kid and a good cause. Thank you Shaye and Katy, I had a great time working with you guys and it just made the day perfect that we were all together...just like at the begining of all this. Love you both.
Caleb is doing amazing. Everytime I go up to Boston, which is every Monday and Tuesday, Caleb improves so much I am almost speechless. On Monday, he was communicating very well and he able to almost have conversations with people in the room. I think talking is going to make him more calm, because he is able to communicate what he is feeling or needing. His walking is really coming along and he really has fun doing it. He practically runs down the hall way and everyone always has to tell him to slow down. He has started walking up stairs with assistance, which is going to build up his muscles really well. He has gained 5 pounds in the last week and is eating more and more solid foods with every meal. He is very aware now, more than ever. He just started 5 therapies a day, rather than 3, so on Tuesday he was really tired. But he still did his "work" and tried his hardest. The therapies are very intensive, and this is what is going to make him get better faster and come home faster. Everyone who knows Caleb knows that he is the sweetest thing ever, and this side of his personailty is coming out more and more everyday. He just gives you this look with his eye and your can feel the love.
Caleb had some great visitors this week and they are still coming. Having his friends up there is so beautiful to watch, because these are people who have been so patient and waited 4 months to come see him. The first hug they get from caleb is so emotional, and Sharyn and I found ourselves tearing up over the beauty of friendship and embrace.
I am sorry again about the pictures, I am trying my hardest to figure out the problem. Come back and check them out.
love you all---jennie

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jennie! Wonderful news, I am so happy Caleb is doing so amazingly well. He is so lucky to have you and his mom, two strong women fighting for his recovery. Love, Lily's Mom

Unknown said...

out here in santa fe i can only imgine what you all are up to out in the wonderful land of NE. thank you for posting such lovely blogs and pictures so i can get at least a birds eye view of what is going on. please know that my love and happy thougts are always with you and I can't wait to say hello (in person) to everyone again!

love alita:)

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jennie. Such an uplifting report. It was so nice to meet you and your friends - you did an amazing job at your booth at the Fest. I'm a little shy myself, and I wished I had realized that was Shaye with you as I would have liked to have given him my support in person.

Anonymous said...

I love the Jennie updates!!! You bring so much hope to the table along with such exuberant love, one can't help but smile while reading. With Caleb making such amazing progress it has to be because he has such amazing people supporting him. All of you are wonderful. The visits with friends will certainly bring some sense of normalcy back to him and also give him even more motivation to come all the way back....home.
As always, with hope,
peg from PA

Anonymous said...

Love you Jennie- you're a beautiful and loving soul.

Anonymous said...

Hi Hunney-Bunz,

Glad to hear of Caleb's progress. I would definately love to see some action shots of him when you get your computer up-and-running. That's great!

Oh, and....TO EVERYONE....Cedar and Ennie still do the circles EVERYNIGHT, and I always see them by themselves. I'm sure that Caleb could still use the good energy and thoughts from everyone. Yes, he is pretty out of the woods, but I'm sure that he can always use a little pick-me-up energy from all of us here in Fleet. I think that they are doing the circles at 7pm now if any of you are interested.

Nicole

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jennie. You brought tears to my eyes. I read every day, but have not commented in a while since most of the focus has been on folks I am just interested in learning about or hearing from, but since I don't know them or their stories, it just is hard to comment. I guess my heart is still mostly concerned for Caleb and his family, so reading about how well he is doing just was so uplifting.
Amy

Anonymous said...

Jennie.. Hey lady! First off wanna thank you for letting us know the latest on Caleb! You are such a sweet one, we are so glad Caleb has you. I tear up picturing you 2 together, & can't wait for our double date!! You are so articulate, and gentle in your postings, I always look forward to reading your words. I am giddy just knowing Caleb will be back to you soon, you have been SO patient. Much love, and blessings!! Xo!!

Anonymous said...

this is so great that everone is paying all the attention that caleb needs without this blog i think i would be stuck on the spot!! thanks again!!

Anonymous said...

claeb's progress is amazing me every word i read on this blog it is helping me get all the updates when i cant

Anonymous said...

Jennie, seems to me you are a much stronger young lady than you are realizing. Know wonder Caleb keeps you special in his heart! I am more than admiring of you.
Love from a Tribe Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Jennie,

Your words are always so uplifting! Keep up the great work. Your spirit is fabulous! I just talked with Jonah C. who you probably saw there yesterday with Shannon. It was great to hear his first hand story of their trip to Spaulding.

Sharyn - I hope you are well. I am sure the Spaulding staff will also miss you and Caleb as they did at MGH when you guys leave... Jonah C. said how great they are there!

Kevin

Anonymous said...

Jennie - thank you a million times over - it's been so long since someone wrote about caleb's progress - and nobody does it better than you!! Go Caleb!

Anonymous said...

Jenny,
Caleb's recovery has been amazing. I am so happy for him and proud of you.Your love and all the things you do for him are giving him the reason to recover.

Love you and Caleb very much,
Grandma Yolanda

Anonymous said...

Jennie,
Your words paint a vivid picture of Caleb's contiuning improvement. I smile just visualizing everyone trying to slow him down from running down the hallways. Not for long I'd be willing to bet! You and Sharyn are amazing women. Thank you for sharing so much.
Denise