On the fourth of July, 2007 Caleb Potter was involved in a skateboarding accident.
He suffered serious injuries and continues to need all of our positive thoughts and prayers.
This blog is to serve as a space for updates on Caleb's journey of recovery.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

We were having a bit of a problem with Caleb's meds and the proper dosage. He was getting sick to his stomach, experiencing headaches, had a blotchy red face, and was becoming withdrawn a bit- so now we are back to all of us feeling better since Caleb is feeling better.

Jenny has decided to get a nursing degree (she certainly has had enough of nursing over the past few months to know that she will be good at it) and I am thrilled to know another great care-giver will be standing in line to help all of those out there who need a smile and a hug...the best meds there are. We were so fortunate to have the cream of the crop at both MGH and at Spaulding and now we have the very best of OT's, Speech and PT's for therapy. We have been blessed.

Max is setting up a weekly bowling outing for Caleb and he is never so happy as when he is with his guy friends just hangin out.

Kai is trying to hang more with his adorable girlfriend, Liz who has been more than patient and understanding as Kai heads back to the Cape every weekend and leaves her behind.

I have posted on my computer the quote that was sent to me in the comments;
"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable".

I will be skinny dipping soon !
Love, mumsie

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything sounds so great. Things are starting to level out and I can hear the relief in your voice.
Jenny, you have the kindness and compassion to be a wonderful nurse. It is a tough road of schooling, but the support you will be getting from those around you, you will succeed.

J

Anonymous said...

Sharyn,

Good things happen to good people. You have a great team in place! I wish you well Jenny in your nursing degree pursuit. Your part way there already...

Sharyn, I was taken by the comment you posted again as well. Wait until the water warms up a bit before you take your clothes off! I'll have to remember to put my high beams on driving down Long Pond Rd. at night...

Kevin

Anonymous said...

Sharyn, You might want to go skinny dipping soon, but I'll wait until June, thank you. Besides, my back is out. No fun. Someone quoted, "Life may not be all that we asked for, but while we are here, we may as well dance." Dancing in winter is better than swimming in 40 degree water...Be well and see you soon. Hugs and God Bless - Natale

Anonymous said...

Sharyn, You might want to go skinny dipping soon, but I'll wait until June, thank you. Besides, my back is out. No fun. Someone quoted, "Life may not be all that we asked for, but while we are here, we may as well dance." Dancing in winter is better than swimming in 40 degree water...Be well and see you soon. Hugs and God Bless - Natale

Anonymous said...

I sat on my doorstep tonight, bathed in moonlight and soft Florida winds--it puts me in mind of moonlit skinny dips in Long Pond, every breast stroke pushing aside moonbeams; nothing is more magical...soon! Love, El

Anonymous said...

Jenny:

I wish you success on the path you have selected. It took me over 40 years to find what I really wanted to do in life. My father fought a long hard battle with cancer and after witnessing the wonderful care the nurses provided I decided that was what I wanted to do. My father passed away three weeks after his last vacation on the cape and I started nursing school three weeks later. It wasn't easy but I made it and graduated. Now it's my turn to give back. Everything happens for a reason, it may seem cruel and unfair at the time but I truely believe this.
CT/Wellfleet

Anonymous said...

Great career choice, Jenny! I think you're going to be a kind, caring, passionate, inspiring, and all around fabulous and amazing nurse. Best of luck!

NY/Wellfleet mom

Anonymous said...

in other words, "Rough it up good."

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharyn. it's always a blessing to read how things really are and what courage it takes you all to live each day. I just returned from costa rica where i spent 2 weeks and now i'm back for the snow. Looking foward to see you hopefully soon. Love Grace

Anonymous said...

Hello My Dear/Wonderful Sharyn,
I hope that all is well at the Potter Lindsay Compound. I miss you all so much. I've been trying to stay in the shadows as much as possible until Caleb was feeling better. Trying to give him a little extra healing time, but I truely would LOVE to see him, and bring my Little Dude over to see his Uncle Poop. Caleb actually had mentioned his Uncle Poop to his Pre-School teachers the other day....and I knew that it was finally time to ask for a visit. I think he is too young still to really remember him, but the thought of him still wonders around in his mind...A wonderful thing to know. I think that as my Caleb gets older, they will truely become great company to one another.

If there is any spare time in your family schedual that you wouldn't mind sharing with us, PLEASE let me know. We would be honored to spend some time with the Lad, and you all.

Thanks SO MUCH, Sharyn. I hope that you're taking good care of your self. Love Ya! :)

~Nicole Miner :)
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Sky said...

Hi Sharyn, Caleb, Jennie and everyone out there in blog land,
With the help of a proxy, I've finally managed to get around the Chinese censorship of blogspot and gain access the blog. It's nice to read postings that have been put up over the last couple weeks. Sharyn, I'm glad to hear you are out in the yard burning and dreaming of skinny dips. It seems all is well.
Sending all my love,
from Shanghai, Ningbo and in between...
Sky