On the fourth of July, 2007 Caleb Potter was involved in a skateboarding accident.
He suffered serious injuries and continues to need all of our positive thoughts and prayers.
This blog is to serve as a space for updates on Caleb's journey of recovery.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Girlfriend update!!

This is Caleb ready to hit the tide on a pretty day on cape cod!! it almost brought tears to my eyes watching him get those waiters ( sorry fellow fisherman if i spelt that wrong) on. That smile just tells you how much he loves working again.

I am so sorry this picture is alittle dark, but I still had to use it. This is Caleb and his boss Richard, who he was worked for, for about the last 7 years. They are like family and watching them work together today was like old times.



Caleb and Richard loading crates and equipment off the truck!!!

Some people sit in a cubicle or office all day long for their job.....but these lucky guys and many other fisherman get to go out on the ocean and breathe the fresh air all day when they are at work.

So, as you can see, Caleb went out on the tide with his boss, Richard today. When Caleb's mother told me that caleb was working today, i was so excited. Caleb absolutley loves to work on the tide, and anythking that makes him happy, makes me happy. He used to go work on the tide no matter the weather or time of day. As I used to, I parked myself in the back of Richard's truck, with my beach chair and book, and watched Caleb do what he loves. Caleb dug clams for about 2 hours. Shellfishing is something that he has not forgotten, so with a little direction at times, he rellly knows how to work the grant and enjoys it the entire time, with no complaining. Caleb is also landscaping with his mother, which he always loved to do before his accident.

Caleb has meet one of his goals at home, and that is moving into his own room. He has the breeze on his face from the door in his room and you can still hear the lil pond down below. We are slowly decorating it with some of Caleb's pictures and drawings as well. we are working on his word associations and many other aspects of his brain development in worksheets from his therapists and work books that sharyn has collected. He is always open to exerices that will make him better, because that is something that he wants so bad.

I do not want to make this really long, but just a reminder that it is caleb's bday soon.. MAY 31ST. He is very excited and maybe we can get everyone to celebrate, since caleb is our lil miracle, as he has overcome so much.

i will definitly be writing again soon and ill put up some more pictures as well. I hope everyone is well and we love you all!!!!

~~love jennie

22 comments:

Susanna said...

Awesome Jennie, just awesome. So good Caleb is out on the flats again. Your posts are always such a treat! Hanging out with your beach chair and your book watching Caleb do his thing sounds wonderful.His own room is a step in the right direction! Love, Susanna

Kevin Scalley said...

Jennie,

Now there is a story that puts a BIG smile on my face....

Thanks for sharing with us all!

Kevin

blackbird said...

Good to see him doing what he loves!

Julie said...

Can't say anything but YEAH!!!!



J

nancyk4444 said...

Absolutely Beautiful!!
I LOVED seeing Caleb doing what he does......he looks so comfortable and confident.....you can see he is at home out there.....that has to be SO good for him!
I always love your updates and the pictures speak thousands of words.....they help bring me (and I'm guessing many of us) so much closer to all of you....so often I wish I could be there....to meet all of you and to know all of you.
Your pictures help give me a much better sense of things.

Thanks Jennie!

susan in portsmouth said...

Thanks, Jennie!
What a positive and positively lovely way to start my day!

Hope all of your days, and Caleb's, are this good!

Big Love,
Susan

amy in ct said...

THANK YOU JENNIE!
love to hear the good stuff... i am so happy for caleb and proud of his recovery so far. this is a wonderful post for us to read today.

yes, lets make his b-day special!

peace and prayers to you ALL
amy in ct

becky said...

WOW! I strongly believe in the healing powers of the sea! I would think that being outside like that in touch with nature can be only positive for his recovery. Today happens to be a really big day for me in facing a "demon" I've been ignoring for years. I have gathered strength and courage over the last 6-8 months following Caleb's recovery and witnessing the power of prayer and faith. Thank you Caleb, I carry your strength and courage in my heart today.

Jeff- in the Berkshires said...

WOW!!!! YEAH! HUZA! HURRAH!!!

Great story and thanks for sharing. This is what it is all about.

NY/Wellfleet Mom said...

I love this post!

Great pictures; radiant words. Caleb, you are AMAZING! And Jennie, you are a blazin' ray of sunshine!

NY/Wellfleet Mom

grace said...

Great pics jennie. Thank you !

Unknown said...

Jennie,

These pictures of Caleb on the water bring such joy to my heart. I can feel the sun warming my face, smell the salt in the air, and taste those sweet, plump, Wellfleet oysters...thank you for your lovely update. Your love for Caleb is so pure and true; Caleb is surely a lucky man to have your unwavering support.

Peace-
Audrey

Peggy said...

Jennie..Like I have said before I love Girlfriend updates. Such good news that Caleb is back to work doing what he loves. The pictures are great.

Caleb shares my Grandson's birthday. My Tyler will be 7 this year. Do you have big party plans for Caleb's celebration?

Thank you for sharing with us.

Peggy from Western MA

janet said...

Wow, there's nothing like working in fresh air... with a view! Thanks, Jennie. I can just imagine your happy smile, too!
janet

Julie/Mom said...

Jennie,
What great pictures! It is so exciting to see Caleb back in his element. It gives me hope that Court will someday be in a similar situation, back at work at something she loves. I look forward to your next update, keep up the great work and with Caleb as a subject you'll have no problem. All the best to you and Caleb and Sharyn and clan!
Always thinking of you...
Julie/Court's Mom

Lisa said...

awesome Jennie...thank you...I tthink you put a smile on everyone's face

Alycia said...

Thanks, Jennie--what a nice post and it is such a beautiful sight to see Caleb working his grant--thanks for sharing the pictures!

I have thought of you Fleetians a lot as I have been in North Truro all week--not Wellfleet, to be sure, but still paradise to me! Molly (my dog) and I are spending the week in a tiny (one room) and very private cottage perched on a dune overlooking the bay--pure heaven! (And I did have Wellfleet oysters the other night for dinner at Mac's--scrumptious). Be well!
Love, Alycia

Kim Harris said...

My intrnet has been down so it is great to get back on and see a girlfriend update and that Caleb is back out on the flats.
Sharyn,
Happy belated mothers day!! I was thinking aabout you on Sunday but never got around to calling you. With the school year almost over I have been very busy. On the good side that means summer is almost here. I cant wait to head up to the Cape. I miss you all very much! Love to all!
Much Love,
Kim

Anonymous said...

WOW...WOW...HAY CARAMBA...SUPER FANTASTIC!!!!!!Jennie, you've outdone yourself! Seeing that smile on Caleb's face, speaks a thousand words.

This is SO good, for all of you/us. Thank you so much for sharing these pictures! They are absolutely amazing....endless possibilities......

I am grateful!

Enjoy this weekend,

Thank you Jennie,

Carinosamente,

Melinda and Mari

Donna said...

Hi Jenny, Richard and Caleb,
This just made our day! Thanks Jenny for the wonderful pictures.
Richard and Caleb are together again! I am in awe everytime I see Caleb and his constant improvements.
Happy day to all of you....
Love Donna and Fran

Lizzie in CT said...

great pictures! awesome update! so glad to see caleb making some head way with his goals. positive vibes to all of you. peace.

Mom said...

Hi Jennie,

I just loved this post. It really put a smile on my face after all that Caleb has been through. It was great to see him out on the flats helping Richard out, and doing what he loves. I also am glad you got to enjoy the sun and a good book and see Caleb in action on this momentous day.

It is also great to hear that Caleb is back in his room at home as that is another important goal that he has reached.

Best wishes to you all.