On the fourth of July, 2007 Caleb Potter was involved in a skateboarding accident.
He suffered serious injuries and continues to need all of our positive thoughts and prayers.
This blog is to serve as a space for updates on Caleb's journey of recovery.

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Going On

New Year’s Day has never felt to me like the beginning or ending of something, but rather a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us.
This New Year’s Day Caleb and Sharyn and Kai and Max and Jan will be going on, with that wisdom and a virtual tribe of support behind them.

The photos here represent both Fleetian friends and family and Virtual Tribe members “from away.” The numbered links below each mosaic of photographs will lead you to the corresponding bigger picture – please feel free to follow them and add comments if you wish. There will always be room for additional photos and I will gladly add them!

Thank you to all of you who have contributed to this little project – your faces glow with the love and hope in your hearts. If I weren't certain before I'm absolutely confident now that, with this collective spirit, we can accomplish anything we put our minds to!

Wishing you all a joyous new year filled with an abundance of love, dreams
that come true and surprises enough to keep you on your toes. A special wish for the Potter/Lindsay family for healing, and as much of that wisdom born from experience as they can stand.

Susan

Virtual Tribe - 1

1. Aaron, Sebastian, Alex & Xander, 2. Alycia (Goatlady), 3. Amy from western MA, 4. Amy in CT, 5. Arozana and Jamie, 6. Barbara Price, 7. blackbird, 8. Becky, Andrew, Douglas & John in Deerfield Beach, FL, 9. Claire Watts, Wellfleet, 10. D & Sienna, 11. Deb in Groton MA, 12. Mike and Dana Seguljic, 13. Erin and family, 14. Jerry G, 15. Jude Westerfield - Ossining & Eastham, 16. Judi / St Paul - Uncle Frank's Judi, 17. Judith, 18. Judith and family (Rochester, NY), 19. Ken's family pic, 20. Kevin Scalley, 21. Kim & Tom, 22. Laura (in CT) and kids in Wellfleet, 23. Lisa B, 24. Lisa K, 25. Little Caleb Miner, 26. Mike, 27. Mom in CT and family, 28. Nicole and Caleb Miner, 29. NY/Wellfleet mom, 30. Peg from PA, 31. Pirate Pumpkins, 32. South Shore Mom - Gail Hunter, 33. Spudly, 34. Susan, Hannah & Liam in Portsmouth, 35. Tracy in the Berkshires, 36. Yellowbeard

Virtual Tribe - 2

1. Home at Last, 2. The lawn - in anticipation, 3. ch/dad shucking oysters, 4. Sharyn and Caleb, 5. Janet and David Teffer, 6. Jodi & Ryan, 7. Jodi, Carrie and Shellie, 8. Brian, 9. Wentzle, 10. Timmy, 11. Adam, 12. Mia, 13. Trudy, 14. Randy, 15. Matt, 16. Wellfleet Bench Society, 17. "Rec" Beck, 18. Randy and Roshini, 19. Nancy O'Connell, 20. Town Hall treasures, 21. Tracy, 22. Shannon and Brandon, 23. Ashley and Megan, 24. Jan, 25. Rich Bartke, 26. Jonah, 27. Kolleen and Audrey, 28. Sarah, 29. Settie and Zack, 30. Shannon and Amy, 31. Justin, 32. Patty Larkin, 33. Laura, 34. John, 35. Nancy, 36. Shaye Cavanaugh

Virtual Tribe - 3

1. Caleb at sunset - Costa Rica, 2. Caleb and Pelicans, 3. Erin's photo 1, 4. Erin's photo 2, 5. Sharyn, 6. Max, 7. Kai, 8. Ali and family in Manchester, UK, 9. Ali and family in Manchester, UK, 10. Jeff in the Berkshires, 11. Skaket, 12. sunspirit at low tide, 13. Paines Creek, 14. Reese and ch in Front of Andy Jacob's Mural for Caleb, 15. Early Morning Sharyn's, 16. Sharyn's (and Caleb's...Kai's and Max's!) Front Yard, 17. Sharyn's Back Yard, 18. Summer Blossoms at Sharyn's, 19. Chuck and Jolly Roger, 20. Sky and Dad - highschool graduation, 21. Sky - alley - Denmark, 22. Cedar in Mast Lifting Mode, 23. Sky and Cedar (back in the day!), 24. Lovely family!, 25. Anne Freyss, 26. Cedar and Ennie, 27. Sisters at Uncle Tim's, 28. Sky - Frisbee - Denmark, 29. Sky at work at the Wicked Oyster, 30. Sky on her way to her First Day at school, 31. ch/dad and Soleil, 32. Shucky, 33. GB - Betsy Cole at the helm of HINDU, 34. Ethan, Sky, Soleil, 35. Anne and Ennie, 36. Hannah and Liam (in Portsmouth) 2005

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Susan. Absolutely amazing!
Claire

Tracy in the Berkshires, Ma. said...

Susan Thanks'
what fun to connect faces....with names.
Have a wonderful New Year!

Tracy in the Berkshires, Ma. said...

Susan Thanks'
what fun to connect faces....with names.
Have a wonderful New Year!

Anonymous said...

FELIZ ANO NUEVO to all, and WOW!!!Susan the mosaic is breath taking, and brings tears to my eyes. How very lovely to put names to faces in this virtual community. Being technically challenged, I just have to figure out how to send pictures off the camera disc...I will ask for help, because I'd like to add both my Mari, Michael and yours truly to this wonderful, inspiring, loving community. Thank you for your time, words & wisdom, and willingness...the product is amazing!

Blessings to you and yours this New Years Day. May it bring growth, health, joy, love and peace. Thank you from the bottom of my heart....

IN Love and Gratitude,

Melinda & MariElena

Sharyn said...

I encourage all of you shy folks to add to this blog picture site- I can't tell you how wonderful it is to put faces to words for me- but guess what - most of you are just how I pictured you would be..except for me..I thought I was younger! Thanks so much Susan. Mumsie

becky said...

Good stuff!! Happy New Year!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks again Susan! It looks great!
Happy New Year!
~Barbara

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Susan. A truly wonderful idea!

Happy New Year everyone!

NY/Wellfleet Mom

Anonymous said...

Lovely, Susan. Beautiful images to go with a beautiful tribe! An obvious labor of love on your part...Happy New Year to all!
peg from PA

anonymous said...

susan in your second set of photos #9 is not wentzel it is clint austins dad Jerre. Happy New Year to all

susan in portsmouth said...

jerre -
So sorry - the original photo came from John Arsenault with "Jerre" as the tag. then I heard from Chuck Cole, who told me that I had it wrong and gave me "Wentzle" as a title. I've changed it back on the mosaic, but I'm afraid I can't do anything about the code that's been posted. So sorry - I'm putting together another mosaic and will be sure to include your photo with the correct tag - and another apology - there.

Happy New Year -
Susan

Anonymous said...

Susan,

Thanks for all the time and effort this posting took, especially during such a hectic time of year This is a wonderful gift for all, and now Caleb and his family can see all the folks who have been praying on his behalf, and please know that we virtual friends have enjoyed meeting the Wellfleet tribe, and have been touched by everyone's heartfelt postings.

We all continue to hold Caleb and his family in our thoughts and prayers, and hope he continues to heal, and make progress in his fight against the bad bacteria, the CSF, and continues to gain weight and strength, and that he will be getting back to his physical therapy soon. Keeping our fingers crossed for you, Caleb!

Wishing you all peace, love and happiness, and all the blessings a New Year can bring.

A Chatham Mom

P.S. I'd post a picture, but I have already broken a few cameras in my lifetime. With a daughter Caleb's age and a twenty three year old son, picture me mid fifties with salt and pepper hair, a permanent need for glasses and a few crows feet around the eyes. Gee, what a surprise. But, the journey has been worth it!

Jeff- in the Berkshires said...

Happy New Year to all.....
Susan, thank you. The collection of pictures gave me chills of the good kind and a WOW reaction to seeing everyone.

Anonymous said...

Susan, this is just amazing. I'm so glad that so many folks contributed. All part of the legacy.

This was a lot of hard work on your part... thank you!

Happy New Year to all!

Hoping to hear good news soon...

Jerry G

Amy said...

This collage is quite amazing, and I know I will keep looking back now each day to find the face to go with the name. Thanks, Susan, for helping to make this community more "real."

Happy New Year, everyone!

Amy from western MA

Anonymous said...

Well, I am asking again for your excess prayers and healing thoughts to be turned my way....My surgery is tomorrow (which is why I am up doddering around my house at 3am)(nervous). They are removing a golf ball-sized mass....1 orange-1 golf ball= ? No one knows.. My best friend Margaret-the-Reiki Master will be there with me during the first most painful part, so I am feeling a bit better about it, but am still somewhat apprehensive over the whole deal.There will be an 8 day period of waiting for further biopsy results during which I will practice my mindful breathing and positive thinking I will try to put my thoughts with Caleb and gain some strength from him....... But plainly put, I am scared right now and I really just don't want to do this. I know you all to be a very loving tribe, and have felt that love before, and thought, if I may be so bold, to ask for some help with this.
Thanks to all.
peg from PA

Anonymous said...

Peg,

My thoughts and prayers are with you... You are an amazing woman! You will get through this just fine...Hang in there.

Best,
Kevin

Anonymous said...

Dear Peg,
You, whose words of wisdom have helped so much on this blog, will surely have the full support of everyone today. Prayers, hugs, meditations, concentrations, loving wishes will surround you in the operating room and throughout the 8 days of waiting. All will be well!

Anonymous said...

thanks susan
it is wonderful to see all the 'family' together. i know there are some that are missing and i hope to see them up there soon. thanks for making my cellphone pic 'work'
happy new year to ALL!
amy in ct

Tracy in the Berkshires, Ma. said...

Peg,
you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Tracy

Anonymous said...

Peg you have been added to the list today. I hope all is going well.

2008 will be a much better year for all of us I pray!


J

Anonymous said...

Susan,
Your mosaics are fantastic! Thanks for sharing your creative talents with all of us - I know how many hours you must have put into this project, but I'm sure the final outcome gave you the chills too. Well done!

Peg,
We're all behind you. I know the waiting is the hardest part and you can't help but worry but just look at what the power of prayer and positive thoughts have done for Caleb. Take Care!

Deb

Anonymous said...

Peg,
You are in my thoughts and prayers...we are with you. Gail

Sharyn said...

Dear Peg - all will be well. musie, Kai, Caleb and Max

Anonymous said...

Prayers for Peg today. You have all of us behind you. Best wishes from another of Caleb's pirate crew! You arghh going to get thru this!

Anonymous said...

Susan-
Thanks for the pictures! Nice job. Guess I'm one of the shy ones who doesn't want to put my picture up! But Sharyn and the boys already know my mug.

Peg-
thinking of you and sending lots of healing thoughts and prayers. Loved the picture of you and your handsome Springer. I have English Cockers, so we have similar tastes. :-)
Cortney

Anonymous said...

Dear susan...thanks for all yr efforts...on the littl screen and behind it!!! ;-D...sorry about the "glitch" in photo identities!!!! I looked back and GOSH!!! jerr and wentz look like brothers in all that shuckin' gear!!!! my goof!!!...but hey it's all a wide family circle....specially around oysterfest time!!!
**********************************

Dear Peg....may this New Year's energy find you strong and confident in hope and possibilities....as the snow starts again on the Outer Cape......flake after flake after flake dissolve into the Ocean that surrounds us here....may the Power of that ocean.....filled with that "sky-whiteness"..that you so often visit...and indeed take back to your Pa. home....keep your spirits UP....and know that our energies are focussed toward you at this time....smiles...hugs...and the highest of positive energies to you.... Peace and Light!ly.....ch/dad....with snow in these Cape Cod pine trees!!!

*********************************

von-potters....von-lindsays.....we miss you!!!! Happy New Year all 'round....we'll have to have BIG BONFIRE on yr return this time....to herald the longer days!!!!snow's fallin' now....the deeper the better!!!!It's January.....mon!!

Anonymous said...

Peg, our thoughts and prayers are with you.

susan in portsmouth said...

Dearest Peg -
You are fully planted in my heart. I will send all of the positive vibes I can muster for easy surgery, quick recovery and as bump-free a ride as possible.
Please know that all of the loving grace that you send out into the world will be returned to you in spades...your candle is burning brightly and I am basking in the light.

Big love to you - all fingers (literal and figurative) crossed.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Peg, Just saw your comment (as it came after mine from yesterday). I hope all went well. You are in my thoughts as well.

Amy from western MA