On the fourth of July, 2007 Caleb Potter was involved in a skateboarding accident.
He suffered serious injuries and continues to need all of our positive thoughts and prayers.
This blog is to serve as a space for updates on Caleb's journey of recovery.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

from a friend

hey sharyn..
I am so sorry that i havent replyed.. soo sorry i realy dident know what to wright.. Im sorry I feel bad for that.. but i follow every movement on the blogg.. I try to understand every thing and i think I do...
I wounder if i can post a thing on the blogg Im gonna try to wright good.. but you know how my english are..
okey post it if you want to.. and also the picture I send with the mail if you stil have that picture with me and caleb on the fishing boat.. i love that picture.... if you feel that this post dont fit in on the blog. please just show it to your family...

hey all good people.. my name is Markus, from sweden..
I meet caleb and his super great family in costa rica last year, we spend in two weeks alot of time together. I spent 6 month in costa rica and when I think about the best times, its always with the potter family//..
I will try to desscribe how my feelings about this family is.. but my english is not the best..
this family is the most kindly family I ever meet..
Sharyn that I called my extra mother (she realy was), is a super strong women that always lissen to you..
Kai the crazy bastardo that paintet a murmaid on my surfboard. becouse Kai thought I talked alot about the little murmaid ariel (that I maby have a little crush on)...
Max yea what can I say about him? he is a crazy guy that make you smile all the time and he is also the guy ho catch the biggest fish yea a great fisherman...
and Caleb the crazy pirate that always was having a big smile on his face, he is the kind of guy that screams go markus go take that wave..!! and when you take it, he just smile and screams.. he always give you hints how to catch more waves... like a teacher.. he is just a good guy..
this great family invited me to spend the summer with them down in wellfleet, but the idiot that i am I went to cold norway insted..
now I am down in costa rica again and shit I miss you guys.. alot!! what shall we say.. next year?? yea I hope so..
Caleb be strong I think you are that kind of guy.. and all the people that support caleb you are also super strong..

Much love from Potters own bro dideli bro bro.. Markus..


soo sharyn I know its bad text.. but just want you to know that I think about you guys alot.. I hope that I can come up this summer and meet everybody..
ooh shayrn I have pictures of caleb and kai surfing on my homepage.. www.makaiphoto.se please when you have time take a look..
big hug for you guys.. ciao ciao italia..
lobve markus

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sharyn,

This is clearly bi-lingual week! Esya... That was great of Marcus to write to you guys. Straight from the heart and I got every word he meant! No translation necessary! Thanks for sharing one of your life's nice moments.

Evinka

susan in portsmouth said...

Just lovely - and I agree wholeheartedly with Kevin...no translation necessary! Eloquence happens when our words stem from pure love and it appears that Markus is filled with enough love to transcend any language barrier.
Thanks for sharing.

Love, as always, from me and mine -
Susan

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Tracy in the Berkshires, Ma. said...

what a charming post!
and just further proof that this family touches lives and hearts everywhere it goes.
I just spent a moment on Markus,s website....some beautiful photos.
where in Italy are you from Markus?

Tracy in the Berkshires, Ma. said...

sorry,
I miss read.....disreguard my question.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely post from Markus, who's English is excellent, much better than my Swedish for sure. He does a very good job of describing the "Potter/Linday effect", when you are in the presence of Sharyn and sons. How nice to hear from another one of Sharyn's many children.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post. My God, your family has touched so many lives, including mine. Thank you for sharing with us.

Anonymous said...

I don't know why but tears are streaming down my face, what a lovely post. It gives us even more insight as to how wonderful and strong your family is.

Hope all is well with the Potter/Lindsey family.

J

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Thank you Markus. Hope you do get to Wellfleet for a summer - we'd all love to meet you.

Anonymous said...

markus
what a wonderful letter you wrote, it is clear to me that you are a member of this tribe.
i hope someday to meet the potter/lindsay's myself. i am sure they will touch me as they have touched you.
thank you for writing and adding to this cyber community.
your english is wonderful!!!

hang in there caleb!
amy in ct

Anonymous said...

Markus,
It takes courage to write from the heart and to do it so eloquently in a language that is second to your own is amazing. Thank you for taking the risk, your love and admiration for this family and the friendship that you have together shines brightly through and through.
Lesa

Anonymous said...

This post makes me want to go down to the ocean, ride a wave and feel the love from all over world.
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

How delightfully cute was that...

Jeff- in the Berkshires said...

Markus,
Great to hear from you. What more can be said than has already been said. You write straight from the heart.

Anonymous said...

You sound like one cool dude Markus, no wonder you were so happily embraced by the Potter Men, and Ms. Sharyn. They are a rad family, and are always open to good company such as yourself.

I love you dearly family.. wishing you well, and praying for healthy, strong days ahead.
Xo.. Miss Clance

Anonymous said...

i read this and smile..caleb touches people everywhere. i have never met marcus, but corey showed me a pic of the mermaid that kai drew on that surfboard after they got back from the trip...beautiful... as well as this touching letter.

Anonymous said...

that was pure love at its finest! thank you for that...you've made my day for sure!

Anonymous said...

What a cool dude you are, Marcus! Another window into the world of the Potter/Lindsay clan. All from the HEART, all full of LIFE and LOVE and HOPE. This post and the one before just made me grin from ear to ear. Thanks for sharing.