On the fourth of July, 2007 Caleb Potter was involved in a skateboarding accident.
He suffered serious injuries and continues to need all of our positive thoughts and prayers.
This blog is to serve as a space for updates on Caleb's journey of recovery.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Well this mother could not be happier...I have been smiling inside and out for the past few days. Caleb, Kai, Cedar and Ennie went snow boarding on Friday. We were all anticipating that Caleb would have trouble and would be limited to the bunny slopes...but he was having none of that. Kai reports that at the top of the mountain, seconds after hopping off the lift, Caleb snapped into his board and took off with an anxious Cedar, Kai, and Ennie trailing behind and trying to catch up. When Kai said
" Caleb, it looks as tho you have never been away from the mountain, you board exactly the same way"..a confident Caleb replied " I was born for this!" I could only watch this senario from the window of my mind, but what an glorious sight I have pictured there. It is one of the first times that I truely believed that we will soar from here on out!
I am making my packing list for our move to Portsmouth. Susan( Blogger from Portsmouth) has contacted me, and I will look her up to get the layout of the town, and perhaps have a friend to hang with, but high up on the list of packing items will be Caleb's board. This turn of events has made life seem bearable again, easier, lighter....and I am grateful today for all that I have...I get that sneaking feeling that we will all be fine.
Thank you for being with us, as always ..mumsie

11 comments:

blackbird said...

- as always,

bb

Unknown said...

I am so delighted to read these January posts and to be back in contact with you at your newest moments of adventure. Just wonderful, lovely and inspiring as always! (You really take this new year's thing seriously, don't you ? :). Much love and bright energy your way -- you and Caleb again (and the rest of the fam) finding your way moves me so much, and I am honored to be able to witness it as you continue your walk forward. Love, Lisa K.

Jeff- in the Berkshires said...

Soaring is exactly the thought that came to my mind as well. Caleb soaring down the mountain as all of your spirits were picked up like the blowing snow along with him.

What absolute freedom and joy Caleb must have experienced. Hurrah!!!

Sharon, if you had any doubt about this move, I am sure this put a big dent in it. You've been trekking your way up the mountain and now it is time to enjoy some down hill time. In my heart of hearts I have always thought you would eventually be find and still deeply believe this. Its in your spirit, its in you being.

I am so grateful that you have allowed us to be here with you and as you expand your tribe to the north, this tribe of bloggers are nomads who will continue to follow you.

Jeff

Amy said...

Oh, Sharyn, that just made my own heart full with joy. So good for Caleb to sense that freedom and confidence! Good luck with the move, and please do keep us posted on all the new adventures.

We are all still here.

Amy from western MA

janet said...

Yippeeee!

Julie said...

All I can do is smile.



J

Anonymous said...

YES!!! Happy got to shred the gnar, Caleb!! some things are just imprinted on our souls. happy for you all!! next time you go, lets see some pics!! good luck with the move and even newer beginnings.

NY/Wellfleet Mom said...

Your words were picture enough, Sharyn! Wow! Thanks for sharing with us. Enjoy your winter adventure in Portsmouth. I'm looking forward to more stories of Caleb burning up the snowboarding trails!

NY/Wellfleet Mom

Jo said...

Sharyn,
I can hear your joy through your post, and it's absolutely heartwarming. Here's to a new year and a new start for you and the boys. Take care.

Capt. Jeff Smith said...

Sharyn, you don't know me but I live in Wellfleet with my wife and daughter. I have followed the story of Caleb as has pretty much everyone else who lives in this town. I do not know him but did see you and him at Willy's yesterday. He looks great to me and I couldn't help but watch him as he worked out with a personal trainer and then racquetball!!...Better than me!!....Once you arrived I wanted to reach out to you both but you were busy talking with someone at the bottom of the stairs....I just wanted you to know that I think you, Caleb and the rest of your family are such an inspiration to the rest of us.
We just visited Portsmouth and must say it is a very hip town!!...Good luck with the move!!

Alexandra Grabbe said...

I am so glad to hear this news, both Caleb's recent exploits in the snow, and your excitement at the move to NH. I will miss having you here, but look forward to reading your new adventures. I'm glad that voice telling you what's best to do has come through so loud and strong ...