On the fourth of July, 2007 Caleb Potter was involved in a skateboarding accident.
He suffered serious injuries and continues to need all of our positive thoughts and prayers.
This blog is to serve as a space for updates on Caleb's journey of recovery.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Capt. Caleb

Once again Caleb has inspired other's to take up arms, pick up swords and knives, and to march....
He has been chosen to Captain the march for RHCI, the facility which has been responsible for his healing where he received great care from his loving Occupational therapist, his physical therapist team and his loyal Speech therapist, all who are angels walking on the face of this Earth in my estimation. This is their annual fundraiser...a walk along the canal, with Caleb leading the procession this year...and of course, pirates is the theme.
So now is the time where all of you who have ever asked what it was that they could do - and I said..I'll let you know--- can help. We are trying to get pledges. If you can help please send any amount that you are comfortable with to me at Rr2 Long Pond Rd Wellfleet, Ma02667 checks payable to RHCI....... and I thank you with all my heart.
( we have 4000 plus readers each week according to my site meter - if you can each spare a dollar for this cause - we will raise $4000.00)

16 comments:

NY/Wellfleet Mom said...

Check will be in the mail this week!

NY/Wellfleet Mom

heather said...

and if those 4000 tell two friends, and they tell two friends.....
:)

Anonymous said...

GREAT news, Sharyn! Can't think of anyone better than Caleb to represent their fine work. We'll be proud to contribute to such a great cause. Will we get more news of when the walk is?

Jerry G said...

Sharyn, the check will be in the mail tomorrow!
Jerry

amy in ct said...

i will give you some money on tuesday!!!
you are both angels!
amy in ct

Roberta said...

In the mail today. My husband was there at the same time Caleb was. He had his left hip replaced for the third time in 8 years. Those therapists are fantastic.
Roberta in Wellfleet

Amy said...

We are going home today :(

But the check will be in the mail to you tomorrow once we settle in and get unpacked.

Amy from western MA

Christa said...

I will drop some ducketts in the mail today! Hope you are all well and I still think there is a book in the making Sharyn...think about it! I would read it over and over again!

With much love, peace and still many prayers, your family in Cape Fear,

Christa, Noah and Jack
Wilmington, NC

rcl in dc said...

Dear Parade Marshall Caleb,
What a wonderful turn of events! - wonderful for YOU and your pirates, wonderful for RHCI, wonderful for you and your mother to step into the role of Co-Chairs of Development and Fundraising! I'm assuming half the Cape will join you with beards, sabers and jewels as YOU lead the way through gratitude toward the greater good.

Happy Day.

Anonymous said...

If I could type and write a check at the same time , that's what I'd be doing right now!
Off to find a pen....
As always, with hope,
peg from PA

kolleen said...

Hey Potters,
Does he get to lead in his pirate suit or one of those sporty yet drafty hospital gowns? Either way, you guys
lead my parade with your honesty and spirit.
xoxo kolleen

nancyk4444 said...

Great news!
Nice going Caleb - amazing what a year this has been -coming full circle now......
Sharyn - I'm here in town for the next 2 weeks - I spoke of us sharing some talk and a drink one day.....I think I'm just a minute away - I was too shy to introduce myself to Kevin the other day as I made a purchase in his store.....what a weird thing to bring our cyber family out and into the flesh!
I hope I am brave enough to speak up if I should see you about town one of these days......
Be proud of your boy - he's come a long way...
Take care on this rainy night -
NY Nancy, now in Wellfleet -

Anonymous said...

Nancyk444,

Speak up to Kevin! He's a love, easy to talk with and interested in meeting us bloggers (I learned that myself just a few weeks ago when I plucked up the nerve to introduce myself). He even let me know that Sharyn might be lunching right outside his shop in the sun (but I didn't get to meet her). I bet she'd love a hug.

nancyk4444 said...

A hug and another mother's words of empathy and concern are what I have hoped to share with Sharyn this summer....so much intensity on this blog all year....i do hope to connect.
Sharyn, I passed the pirate flag on Long Pond early this AM, coming home with my morning coffee- barely noticing the Lindsay name next to it.....if you find a blue business card(pet sitting) in your mailbox - that's me! I'll try to leave one soon-
Thinking of you and hoping spirits are good in your home on these cool gray days....

NY Nancy

Anonymous said...

Sharyn and family,
I'd be happy to make a donation in Caleb's honor. My 4 - year - old son is a former RHCI patient and current Spaulding patient, so the walk is very close to my heart. We'll make sure to be there to watch Caleb lead the way.

- JB in Sandwich

suzibee said...

I am happy to send a check today!
How appropriate that Caleb be leading the parade! I hope he is practicing his "Aaaaaarghs!"

PS: What is the date of the walk??
Cheers to you all!