On the fourth of July, 2007 Caleb Potter was involved in a skateboarding accident.
He suffered serious injuries and continues to need all of our positive thoughts and prayers.
This blog is to serve as a space for updates on Caleb's journey of recovery.

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Tonight is a new beginning- I realized with certainty that I am going to grow old. Along this journey I have not been convinced that Caleb and I would make it. I was driven by fear. ...this is the nature of this game.......but tonight I have clarity of life. I am now looking forward to the day in the kitchen when Max comes around and I leak with laughter over somethng he has said..or I cry with the tender understanding of a simple sentence that is uttered out of a shared thought that Kai and I pass between us ......and I would never miss the new beginning of Caleb - whatever it might be. Life in it's tragedies and it's triumps is still to me so rich and vibrant...I cannot miss it.

This journey of ours is not like any other. I sit before you naked and scared and alive and breathing and not sure of anything I knew before. We are jumping in - feet first, heart closely behind, with the hopes and fears that all of us share along this path -

and with the dream of something better!

11 comments:

Ellen Webb said...

Well, my tree is toast and I so wish I could burn it with you this year. I've come to learn that every Christmas is different no matter how hard we try to have the same...and every New Year is different--so here we go! Love to you and Caleb, Kai and Max--El

aimai said...

Sharyn,
You are such an inspiration to so many. Thank you for forging on, sometimes through some pretty deep snow. There's a lot of joy ahead.

much love
aimai

grace said...

Sounds like you're all healing well and that warms my heart. Have a great New Years! love Grace

amy in ct said...

we are right there with you, beside you, helping you all the way.
keep your face up to the sun....

and what ellen said is soooo true, every christmas is a different one no matter how hard we try to keep it the same.... thank you for those words too.
amy in ct

penny on st.john said...

Life is a mystery and no matter which path we choose or which is laid out for us there will always be twists and turns and even a few steps backward but the strength and hope and love exists, keeping the momentum going. Just look to the sky and feel the warmth from the sun even on a frigid day.

I wish you all here and there a very Happy New Year.

Penny

Jerry G said...

And with the new year will come many new, great things.

Still thinking of all of you, and wishing you peace and good fortune in 2009...

Jerry

Kim Harris said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Sorry I haven't posted in a long time. I miss you all and think of you daily. Sending my love and hopes for a great year to come.
Love,
Kim

Gail said...

Happy New Year to all. Gail

peg said...

Happy New Year to all, a year of possibilities beyond our imagining!
As always, with hope,
peg from PA

NY/Wellfleet Mom said...

Happy New Year, everyone!

NY/Wellfleet Mom

Marcia said...

HNY to All!

Cheers,
marcia