On the fourth of July, 2007 Caleb Potter was involved in a skateboarding accident.
He suffered serious injuries and continues to need all of our positive thoughts and prayers.
This blog is to serve as a space for updates on Caleb's journey of recovery.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

computer crash

Sorry - I have been out of commission with a broken computer. Funny how life comes to a halt without our newest toys around.
I finally held Caleb's yard sale last week and we made an amazing $5000.00...much more than I ever expected. Thanks to all who donated and to those who purchased. So now I am on the look-out for a ride which will transport Caleb and friends to different events. We are well on our way to a different kind of life.
If any of you chance to see it- we will be on CBS's early morning show this Wed. talking about life with TBI.
Kai just took off for burning man in Nevada..a badly deeded and well deserved break, Max is holding down the fort with me. Aunt Carol has been a life-saver this summer, taking Caleb for many spells so I could have some down time. I am looking forward to the fall with new energy and happier outlooks. With three years time under my belt, life does seem to collect itself and dishes out small pleasures...but pleasures non the less.....and I am living still in no mans land..but surviving.

8 comments:

jff said...

So glad that you are back! Renewal is nice and so is some well-deserved down time from people who I am sure were glad to share some time with Caleb. Glad the yard sale was successful. Keep us out-of-towners posted on all your sons'events, your thoughts, up or down, and continue to inspire.

Amy said...

Hi Sharyn, good to hear from you and to know things are going well. I have seen Caleb around town a few times this summer---probably with Carol. He seems to be doing well.

Amy from western MA

janet said...

Oh goody, I'm glad you're back, too. The yard sale was fun. I wish you success at vehicle shopping. Wouldn't it be great if a local dealership could donate much of the rest? Nice PR, too. I'll plan to watch the morning show that day.

Jo said...

Sharyn,
I was just thinking about you and Caleb, and wondering how/where you were. Thanks for the update and letting us know that you're still surviving. That's all that can be expected of us sometimes.
I wish I had known about Caleb's yard sale; we would have taken a ride down there. Maybe another time, though.
Glad to hear you have gotten some downtime. It took me nearly five years to realize just how important it is for those of us who are caring for guys like ours to allow ourselves time to breathe every now and then. Keep taking care of yourself.

Blessings,
Jo and Daniel

peg said...

Hi Sharyn,
Good to hear from you! Janet has a great idea about a matching donation from a local car dealer...anyone out there know someone who knows someone?
Enjoy your small pleasures! You deserve them!
As always, with hope,
peg from PA

Julie said...

I can't seem to find a link to the CBS Early Morning Show. Can anyone post it here? I'm anxious to watch it.

Thanks!

J

amy in ct said...

i dvr'd cbs early morning show today (wed) and i didnt see the feature... any idea if it will be another day? or if i just missed it.

Anonymous said...

Sharyn,

Was the show about TBI on the early morning show or was it postponed to another day. I would be very interested in seeing it!!!

Lin and Jim from Mashpee