On the fourth of July, 2007 Caleb Potter was involved in a skateboarding accident.
He suffered serious injuries and continues to need all of our positive thoughts and prayers.
This blog is to serve as a space for updates on Caleb's journey of recovery.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

They travel in tandem Toyota trucks under a taylored moon meant just for them...Kai and Max joining forces..unordinary for my youngest sons...each of them having a connection to Caleb, but not one to another..too close in age, and siding with a parent in their soul and body..so they have to reach, and reach far for one another to understand. Kai, who is more like me...and Max like his dad...an ever so slight tear in the mesh.. there is a discomfort to notice.....but times have called them forth..they reach to understand and discover the balance of who they are under that moon who guides them and beckons...come with me, come with me. No easy task...it is the harder path...but they walk it now willingly. Perhaps they will find themselves in eachother, minus Caleb pulling them in orbit onward in peace. The one who would bring them together is silent, and watching in hope.

8 comments:

Amy said...

Beautiful, Sharyn. I also have two children who are as different as can be and who struggle to get along. It's painful for parents to watch. We can just only hope they find their way.

janet said...

Ah brothers... I always wished for one. Our two boys traveled in different directions also. Maybe brothers need to be different, to avoid the competition that is so hard on their close relationship. Ours were sufficient to keep each other entertained until peer pressure hit hard, with neighbor kids wanting the company of one and not the other. I hated to see that happen as a parent. But, whatever good things you're hoping will happen... may it be so.

janet said...

... and have a lovely birthday!!

Roberta said...

Happy Birthday Sharyn!

jff said...

happy birthday sharyn...
each day a birth of a new day and new possibilities and hopes and revelations...finding our way is a journey...best wishes

peg said...

Blogger peg said...

Help, this is peg from pa talking. I have suffered a bad injury, a fall, have broken ribs and severe concussion. Please send me any light and love and healing you can spare because I am sorely in need

June 13, 2010 9:18 AM
I'm struggling and feeling sad and need your help.

Amy said...

Peg, I am so sorry to hear that. I hope you heal quickly. My heart and prayers are with you.

Amy from western MA

Kim Harris said...

Happy blated b-day Sharyn my thought are with you!