On the fourth of July, 2007 Caleb Potter was involved in a skateboarding accident.
He suffered serious injuries and continues to need all of our positive thoughts and prayers.
This blog is to serve as a space for updates on Caleb's journey of recovery.

Saturday, May 29, 2010

I was young, full of promise, full of myself and ripe with pregnancy,which seemed to suit me like a wearing a fine kid glove. I remember walking down the road that day, 28 years ago, and then realizing that I had gone into labor. I had unusual labors with all three of my sons, fast and furious, and in 45 minutes ..there would be a child. My friend Jodi teases that "Oh, Sharyn just hiccups and says Oh it's a boy!" But back to the walk. By the time I neared the house I was crawling on all fours. Jan was building the home we would live in, we were camped out in a small cottage on the property with no running water, no electricity, and in between the screeches of the saw blade, I was screeching his name, to no avail. The primary midwife was called and did not make it on time, but the water was boiled on the grill because Jan thought he had to boil water, I gave birth to a blonde, blued eyed boy by flashlight in a cabin, in the woods, His spirit was born on that day as well. Adventuresome, fearless, determined, fated but free.

Happy birthday Caleb...you will always remain as dear to me as the very first time our eyes locked in love.

12 comments:

Kevin Scalley said...

Happy Birthday Caleb!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Caleb!

janet said...

What a great story, Sharyn--and beautifully written. I caught a glimpse of you both in the distance near the plant sale, but I set down my plants, and poof!--you were gone. I brought home some healthy plants to keep me busy this weekend.
Birthday blessings to Caleb!

Amy said...

Happy birthday, Caleb! And Sharyn, what a wonderful memory that is. Thanks for sharing.

NY/Wellfleet Mom said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CALEB!!

And thanks for sharing the story of Caleb's birth, Sharyn!

NY/Wellfleet Mom

Jerry G said...

Happy Birthday, Caleb!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Caleb!!!!! Isn't it nice to know how loved you were from the very minute you were born.

penny on st.john said...

Dear Caleb,

A Very Happy Birthday to You!!!


Penny

Ellen Webb said...

Happy birthday, Cabes, and Sharyn, what a great telling of his birth!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Caleb....Boy Oh Boy! You are definitely too young to be this "OLD"~ I am holding an Intention for you to have a New Year full of Great Experiences, Magical Moments with friends and family, Amazing Health, much Joy, and all the Happiness you can muster~I'm sure you can do that, and more....

You, your sweet "Ma, and your brothers are thought of often...we wished we lived closer!

Sending you bunches of Hugs and Kisses......from MariElena and yours truly...

Take really good care Caleb,

Much Love and Light,

Melinda & Mari

Take

Marcia said...

Happy Birthday Caleb and Happy Year! The weather was sooo beautiful this weekend. Hope you had a great day!

Cheers,
Marcia

Anonymous said...

Sharyn, My birthday is May 29th, too! Sending my love to you and the family.