On the fourth of July, 2007 Caleb Potter was involved in a skateboarding accident.
He suffered serious injuries and continues to need all of our positive thoughts and prayers.
This blog is to serve as a space for updates on Caleb's journey of recovery.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

The blue jays screech and fight over the food we have laid out for them...I positioned the feeder just outside my bedroom door so that instead of relying on the holler of an alarm clock, in the wee hours of early daylight, I am woken by the birds. The reindeer, swan, and my favorites; the Christmas pigs are all decorated and put into tins and prepare for their first bite. The chandelier hangs heavy with stars and snowflakes and greens all around, and the Potter boys, just as when they were small, still have magic in their eyes and the Holiday spirit in their souls.
I realize this season more than any other in my past, that we are blessed ..so blessed.
I have a family and we love one another, truely love one another, and choose to be together...
I have dreams that are unstoppable..
Sometimes I have silent nights, holy nights...
And I always have me; humbled by what we have been through, softer around the edges, stronger in spite of myself, and aware of how much love and compassion swirls around on the lips of the wind.

Thank you for being with us on this incredible journey called life.

Happy Holidays..with much love, Sharyn and her boys

16 comments:

Sky said...

Merry Christmas Sharyn. That was beautiful. Love you guys...and see you later!

Jeff- in the Berkshires said...

a very Merry Christmas to you all!

Amy said...

Beautiful, Sharyn. Have a warm and wonderful holiday with your loving family.

Amy from western MA

Jerry G said...

Merry Christmas Potter/Lindsays!

ribaby said...

As always, Sharyn, perfect and eloquent as you are no matter how you reveal yourself to us. Thank you for all that you have contribute to the richness of my experience this year and blessings to you and your incredible and most loving brood. Merry Christmas. You are always in my prayers. Love, Risa from Needham (currently in the north woods of New Hampshire)

Kim Harris said...

Happy Holidays! My thoughts are with you. I think the plan for a cutting garden sounds great! I wish you and the Fam the best of things for the new year to come!
Love,
Kim

janet said...

Merry, merry Christmas, all.
Sharyn, again you say it so well.
"Love and compassion swirling around on the lips of the wind" sounds like Silent Night with the desert winds blowing. Mannheim Steamroller, I think. I like it. My kids are playing a harpsicle and a glockenspiel, and their lyrics aren't of Christmas...fun, though.

Samantha Garbers said...

Merry Christmas Sharyn & Boys!
Sam G in NYC

NY/Wellfleet Mom said...

Happy Holidays to all, and a joyous, peaceful, and Happy New Year!

NY/Wellfleet Mom

penny on st.john said...

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to you Sharyn and the boys.

Ditto to all of you out there!

Jackie said...

Merry Christmas to you Sharyn and to your boys. Your post is beautiful and heartfelt and speaks to what is important to all of us. Thank you for sharing your journey with all of us. It is truly an honor to travel with you.
Love and good wishes from Jackie in NY.

Lilz said...

Happy Holidays! Love you, Lily

Anonymous said...

You are so right Sharyn.....We ARE SO BLESSED! As the clock ticks down the minutes to the New Year I send out this Intention to the Potter/Lindsay Household (and all my Blogspot buddies)..that the New Year be filled with...Joy that knows no bounds, Glowing Health, Abundance sufficient to meet your needs, and lasting Exquisite Peace...from my home to yours,

In Love and Gratitude,

Melinda

Jeff- in the Berkshires said...

What changes we have seen in the past year.

Sharyn and all the bloggers, I appreciate your wisdom, your outlook and openness and strength. I have learned so much from all of you.

Sending warm and positive thoughts for 2010.

Jeff

penny on st.john said...

Hmmm. It has been a while since you've blogged, Sharyn. I'm sure most of you are digging out from under the snow which has been so generously dumped on you, not to mention the cold temps. Cabin fever can take over sometimes and I hope noone is suffering too much from the "winter lows."

As Jeff-in the Berkshires said we have all experienced changes in the past year. Thank you all for sharing. I, too, have learned a lot.

A very Happy New year filled with warmth, health and love for 2010 to all.

penny on st.john said...

Are there to be no more posts and blogs????