On the fourth of July, 2007 Caleb Potter was involved in a skateboarding accident.
He suffered serious injuries and continues to need all of our positive thoughts and prayers.
This blog is to serve as a space for updates on Caleb's journey of recovery.

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Open House/ The Potter's Room

November 3rd we will open the doors to The Potter's Room. The very first Brain Injured Residential Home in Wellfleet, MA. Come between 2 and 5 pm and enjoy some refreshments while strolling around the house. Bid on some fine pieces of donated art and crafts. Years ago I hired a young man( whom it seemed no one else would hire) when I was new to my landscaping business. I urged him to start his own lawn mowing comany- and he is now very successful. When Caleb and I 1st came home from the hospital he ran up to me (very excited) and showed me a sign he had found at the Transfer station. It was a gift to us..and it read "The Potter's Room" I knew at that moment that if I could ever possibly garner the energy to start a Brain Injured home- this would be my sign. So here we are ...going on six years, and it has transpired! Oh to have Hope again! We hope you can join us either in the flesh, or in thought! Mumsie

11 comments:

Julie said...

What a wonderful post! I will be there in spirit. Congratulations on all you have accomplished.

Julie

Jeff- in the Berkshires said...

What wonderful news. I also will be there in spirit and continue to send good wishes.

peg said...

I so wish I could be there, but like Julie and Jeff I will be there in spirit and send you love, love , love! As always, with Hope,
peg from PA

Anonymous said...

Oh Sharyn, I'm glad to hear this news and so happy for you both. I think of you often, though I didn't see you this past summer. You are such a role model!
I'm passing your story onto another mother, as it has happened again. Another family, forever impacted. One of my former students was hit by a car two weeks ago and is still in a coma. We don't know the impact yet, but she is 18, strong and a fighter.
My friend Jayne is also as well as she will get. Never the same again, but moves on since she was hit by the car...also 6 years. Hard to believe it's been that long I guess, when you don't live it everyday.
Please know that you and Caleb are in my thoughts as you move onto this new chapter!
Hugs, Jane McGinty

Sam said...

SO happy you are back on here and making things happen!

Jackie said...

Hi Sharyn,
It's so nice to hear your "voice" again. I'm so happy that Caleb is excited about his new direction. You are amazing. Be well. Sending cyber hugs to both of you.
Jackie from NY and Eastham

Unknown said...

Dear Sharyn, I don't know if you remember me my name is Christine my son James was at Spaulding with Caleb he was hit by a car Oct 07.James graduated from collage he is doing well.I check every once in a while to see what the Potter clan is up to and you this lovely woman who took the time to hold me and let me just cry when my life fell apart .I am so happy for Caleb and how his Mama bear has fought for him .I know this is a long lonesome road and life is forever changed. Dear Woman you wrote things in your blog I felt with my every fiber of my being.I am so delighted to read of the Potter Room and that Caleb is well and moving on in his life My hat is off to you and your boys I send much love to all .

pop said...

I have been reading this bLog from the beginning . I left when you left...checking monthly...now I see this....thrilled...waiting for an update....

Matthew said...

Dear Sharon,

We knew each other many, many years ago when I was a student at Bowling Green University. I recently became aware of your difficult circumstances and would very much like to speak with you and help in anyway that I can. I don't have a phone number or email address for you so please contact me @ 415-613-8946 or mattfrinzi@sbcglobal.net

I am living in California these days. I remember your father's farm and The Youngbloods.

Matt

Anonymous said...

Dear Sharyn and Caleb....Mari and I send Love and Light on your new journey. Knew that the path would make itself clear, and it surely has. So very happy for you all and this loving service that you have brought to Wellfleet. There is nothing better than a warm, loving and nurturing home. I still have some quilts to bring you, for those living at The Potter's Room. Just retired a month ago, so I can actually plan a trip, now. Warmly, Melinda and Mari

Jeff- in the Berkshires said...

Wow, it's been two years since the Potters Room opened. Hope all is well. Continuing to send good thoughts your way.

Jeff