On the fourth of July, 2007 Caleb Potter was involved in a skateboarding accident.
He suffered serious injuries and continues to need all of our positive thoughts and prayers.
This blog is to serve as a space for updates on Caleb's journey of recovery.

Friday, February 19, 2010

In a week from tomorrow, Caleb and I will be heading home to our beloved Fleet. I must say that in a very short amount of time, this has easily become our second home. The people here are so welcoming, and we love romping around town sighting familiar faces, and knowing just where we are going. It is such a do-able little town. Caleb has done really well here, and I have garnered many ideas for what I want to create when I get home. First thing will be to get him set up as more of an independent person, without mom around all the time. I see how he has flourished when he has been forced to decide on his own, without me hovering. It has been a real learning curve for me to witness this program, and how life can be for Caleb. I look forward to positive change, the comforts of home, and being closer to Max. Kai and Liz are having a blast. They sent me a letter with the return address "somewhere on the road"...and it struck me...that this is where I find we all reside these days.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Can't wait to hear all the new adventures when you return. I was afraid you were leaving Wellfleet for good! Glad to hear you will be back.

Amy from western MA

peg said...

I'm happy to hear how well things are going and how much you are learning! What a wonderful opportunity for both you and Caleb! Keep it going strong, the sky and beyond...there is no limit!
As always, with hope,
peg from PA

Anonymous said...

Dear Sharyn and Caleb...So very grateful for this life altering experience you've had in Portsmouth. How amazing for you both. My sense is...years from now you will look back and be in awe at changes that occurred as a result of the days spent in NH.....endless possibilities!

Your bravery and courage continue to inspire and remind me to breath deep in the face of adversity and to move ahead as if there were no tomorrow.

Eternally grateful for the lessons "learned along the way".....

Continue holding you all in Light, Love and Gratitude....

Carino,

Melinda

Roberta said...

So great that it has been worth every minute invested and fostered lots of new ideas. We welcome you back to your old home base.
Roberta in Wellfleet

Neil said...

Dear Sharyn,

Happy to hear that it has gone so well in NH. There are some (small) signs of spring coming out, which I hope are also part of welcoming you back to your home. It's great to hear a little about what you and Caleb have experienced up there- it makes me wish that I could see you both in person,

Best,

Neil and Carrie

janet said...

I hope you and Caleb have stayed snug, warm, & dry up there through last night's howling storm. The sun just broke through here in Eastham, & snowdrops are blooming!